Let’s face it: Replacing the crazies in our minds with peace is an awesome thing.
You’ll find my classes both physically challenging and spiritually uplifting. I’ll play soulful music and share some thought provoking stories, but I’ll also offer moments of silence.
I’ve been practicing yoga for more than 2 decades. It keeps me sane, inspires me to appreciate quiet and, well, it makes me feel happy.
Having founded Saraswati’s Yoga Joint 12 years ago, I’ve since then have taught thousands of students, from beginner to advanced alike. The diverse community that has grown out of this dream keeps me humble, smiling and in love with teaching.
I’m proud to be a teacher of teachers. At SYJ, I’ve co-taught over 280 yoga teachers on skillfully guiding their own vinyasa classes. I’m currently mentoring certified teachers on connecting more deeply to their unique and authentic attributes.
With a master’s degree in physical therapy from Columbia University, I apply my in-depth knowledge of the body for my yoga therapeutics clients, combining the arts of physical therapy and yoga to facilitate pain-free movement and healing.
To all the teachers I’ve learned from throughout the years: Thank you! Here’s a quick summary of my educational and professional experiences:
- MSPT, Columbia University 1998
- Freelance Film/TV Producer 1988-1996
- Yoga Studies with Todd Norian (Anusara method) 2003-2004
- Yoga & Philosophy studies with Mitchel Bleier 2005-2012
- Co-teacher of SYJ/MB Yoga Teacher Trainings 2005-2012
- Philosophy Studies with Douglas Brooks 2003-present
- Director/Owner Saraswati’s Yoga Joint 2005-present
- Therapeutic Yoga Practitioner 2005-Present